- Plug-and-play wireless system in a stompbox-size format for pedalboards
- Optimum wireless connection set automatically, with no complicated setup required
- Newly developed BOSS technology delivers premium audio performance with rock-solid stability, ultra-low latency (2.3 ms), and 65-foot/20-meter range (line-of-sight propagation)*
- Built-in rechargeable battery in transmitter provides up to 12 hours of continuous playing time
- Plug the transmitter into the receiver’s docking port for charging and automatic wireless setup**
- Selectable cable tone simulation options: short, long, and bypass
- Receiver powered by optional PSA-S adaptor or two AA batteries
- With PSA-S adaptor power, the receiver’s DC output can distribute power to one or more pedals using an optional PCS-20A daisy-chain cable
- Spare WL-T Transmitter available separately* The transmission range may vary due to local conditions.
** To charge the transmitter, the receiver must be powered via a BOSS PSA-S adaptor. It’s also possible to directly charge the transmitter with a standard USB adaptor (5 V/500 mA or higher).
Lightning-Fast BOSS Wireless Technology
Equipped with high-performance BOSS wireless technology that debuted in the Katana-Air wireless guitar amp, the WL-50 delivers exceptional sound quality with wide dynamic range. Working in the 2.4 GHz frequency band, the system automatically accesses the optimum channel to ensure rock-solid audio performance with absolutely no drop-outs. And with ultra-low latency of just 2.3 ms, you’ll always enjoy great playing feel with no lag whatsoever. Up to 14 BOSS wireless systems can be used simultaneously in one space, allowing multiple musicians to enjoy wireless freedom at the same time.*
*Environmental conditions may affect the actual number of simultaneous systems available.
Just Another Pedal on Your Board
The WL-50 has a slightly smaller footprint than a standard BOSS compact pedal and can be powered just like your other stomps, making it an easy addition to any pedalboard setup. Simply place it at the beginning of your chain and connect the receiver’s output to the first pedal. The receiver is also equipped with a regular ¼-inch input jack, so you can always use a traditional guitar cable in a pinch.
Integrated Transmitter Dock
The WL-50 features a built-in dock that’s used to charge the transmitter and establish the wireless connection. The system’s streamlined profile is maintained even when the transmitter is docked, with a total height that’s about the same as a normal BOSS stomp.
Plug In and Rock
Once you’ve installed the WL-50 on your board and charged the transmitter, it’s literally as simple to use as a standard guitar cable. Just dock the transmitter in the receiver, wait about 10 seconds, and then plug the transmitter into your instrument. That’s it! The optimum wireless connection is set automatically during docking, with no other user operation required.
Cable Tone Simulation
The WL-50 includes two selectable cable tone simulation options that reproduce the natural capacitive effect that’s introduced when using a guitar cable with standard passive pickups. You can also bypass the effect when cable tone simulation is not desirable, such as when using an acoustic/electric guitar with an onboard preamp or an instrument with active pickups.
Pedal Power Distribution
When the receiver is powered via a BOSS PSA-S adaptor, it becomes a power distribution center for other stomps on your board. By using an optional PCS-20A daisy-chain cable, you’re able to power a number of BOSS compact pedals at the same time.
Battery-Powered Operation for Mobile Gigging
At street gigs and other mobile performance situations, running your pedals on battery power is often the best choice. The WL-50 receiver can run for up to ten hours on two AA batteries, allowing you to take your wireless setup with you! While running on battery power, the receiver is unable to charge the transmitter. But don’t worry—you can still charge it using a common USB adaptor (5 V/500 mA or higher), the same type used with most smartphones and tablets.